Dis-Chem has partnered with the Solidarity Fund and along with a couple of partners, to offer Covid-19 testing for South Africans in need.
In order to qualify:
- Applicants can’t be a member of a medical scheme
- Applicants must be unemployed
- Other criteria may include whether a person is a pensioner, disabled or orphaned.
To apply for the Covid-19 test you have to do the following:
- Call the Doctors on Call helpline – 807 055 0234 ( weekdays from 8h00-17h00)
- Call Momentum’s Hello Doctor service on *120*394#
- You can get a referral via the Discovery and Vodacom free Covid-19 consultations.
- You can get a referral from your family doctor ( who may refer you via his/her Vula App)
If your application was successful,
- Dis-Chem will inform you via SMS
- Dis-Chem will send you a voucher to redeem for testing purposes
- Directions to your nearest Dis-Chem testing site
- The results will be available in 3 – 5 days.
Source: Business Insider