tame Times Fresh Approach to local news
  • Home
  • News
  • Two house fires over the weekend
Two house fires over the weekend

Two house fires over the weekend

According to CPS, a gas bottle caught alight whilst a family was braaing in Louw Wepener Street, Alberante.

The Ekurhuleni Fire department responded quickly and the fire was extinguished and resulted in minimal damage to the property.

On Saturday evening, a fire engulfed a house in Grosskopf Street, Randhart.

Allegedly the fire started due to an electrical blanket.

Important Fire Safety Tips from the Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa.

  • Keep matches out of the reach of children
  • Do not overload electrical sockets or run electrical cords under carpets
  • Install smoke detectors in your home
  • Take care with portable heat generating appliances such as irons, kettles and heaters
  • Develop and practice an escape plan – plan two ways out of every bedroom
  • Never use flammable liquids for starting braai fires or to remove stains from clothing
  • Know what to do if a fire occurred
  • Display your local Fire Department telephone number near the phone then learn it
  • Crawl low in smoke
  • Never open a door that is hot to the touch
  • Wake everybody in the house
  • If your clothing catches fire – STOP, DROP, ROLL
  • Have a safe place to meet out of the house

Never re-enter the house for pets or personal belongings




Trending News

More News

About Tame Times

Tame Communications (known as tameTIMES) was established in 1997. This long-established popular community title includes the key shopping centres:  Alberton City, Mall...

Get in Touch