Famous skillet chicken in a sundried tomato parmesan cream sauce with fresh basil.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 3/4 cup chicken broth
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
* 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
* Fresh basil, for serving
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add oil to a large cast iron or oven-proof skillet, and place over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth and heavy cream, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sundried tomatoes and parmesan and return chicken to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Top with basil and more parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Source: Modern Honey
Photo Credit: Modern Honey