Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table.
- 16 slices bread cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Caramel sauce optional
- PREHEAT oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease 30 x 20 cm baking dish.
- COMBINE bread and raisins in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; combine well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- BAKE for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.