These Easy Mince Pies consists of a mouthwatering savoury mince and potato filling, with garlic, chilli and herbs.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bird eye chili finely chopped
- 1 kg beef mince
- handful chopped thyme and rosemary
- 1 can chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 cup good quality beef stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 large potato peeled and chopped in small cubes
- fresh parsley to season
- 1 roll puff pastry store bought
- 1 large egg whisked, for egg wash
- First off, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the onion, garlic and chilli until soft.
- Add the beef mince and brown.
- Add the herbs and mix through.
- Add the tomato can, tomato puree, beef stock, sugar and seasoning. Mix through.
- Add the potatoes and leave to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- If you need to reduce a but of the liquid, cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the parsley and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry and use an appropriate cutter to cut the pastry as to line it in the muffin tins.
- Scoop spoonfuls of mince in the pastry.
- Top the pies with another disc of pastry, gently brush with egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown at 180 degrees.
- Serve with a garden salad or roasted vegetables.
Source: Aninas Recipes