The online school everyone is talking about.
According to Business Tech, Curro, the private school group is launching Curro Online. This will be its first online school which aims to provide a flexible education model. The classes will be taught by current Curro teachers.
Jay Paul, Curro online business manager said, “We’ve been developing our digital education offering for some time now, which is evident with our recently launched DigiEd Model.”
“As part of the design process, we decided to rethink how home-schooling distance learning is currently being offered. Many parents are also concerned about sending their children back to school once schools reopen, especially those with immune-compromised family members living in the same household. Curro Online is a response to all these pressing needs,” said Paul.
What you need to know about Curro Online
- Curro Online is not a home-schooling model, where parents need to take on the responsibility of teaching and continuous supervision.
- It is a learn-from-home online model that is aligned with Curro’s enhanced CAPS curriculum
- The model’s online material is created and taught by Curro teachers.
- There is a structured timetable in place for the learner that needs structure
- There is also an option to be flexible for those learners that work well at their own pace.
- The timetable includes teachers initiating each class and guiding learners through pre-set material on the online platform.
- The Curro Online platform has an easy-to-follow curriculum with a variety of video material, recorded live lessons and other learning material.
- Curro Online will be taught by a dedicated Curro teacher per subject, per grade, for the whole year.
- The teaching model combines flexible learning through pre-set material
- There is live interaction whereby learners can ask teachers for help and also receive detailed feedback on their progress.
- The school will be English-medium
- Grades 4 – 9 with new grades being phased in every year.
- Matric learners will write the IEB examination.
- Curro Online learners will also have access to an educational psychologist for virtual consultations if needed.
Photo Credit: BusinessTech