As we approach day 84 of Lockdown we have managed to keep our store free of any confirmed cases. It is, however, with the sad news that we have to inform our community that we had a staff member test positive for COVID-19 on 18 June 2020. As an essential services provider, we have been serving customers every day since the start of the Lockdown to the best of our ability. We take the safety and good health of our staff and customers extremely seriously, and have protocols in place that are immediately carried out should one of our staff members contract the coronavirus.
– The store is immediately closed.
– The staff member is sent home immediately to self-isolate.
– We carry out contact tracing for staff that were in regular or close contact with the affected staff member, and they are also sent home immediately to self-isolate.
– As an additional precaution, all remaining store staff are screened by health practitioners.
– The store is thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitised.
– The store is only reopened with the approval of a relevant Department of Health official.
– Split shifts (splitting our staff compliment into two teams)
– Social distancing, outside the store as well as inside the store
– Introduced Crowd control, only allowing 90 customers in the store at a time
– Perspex screens for cashiers
– Private staff transport, to and from work
– Preventative thermal fogging
– Deep cleaning all general areas daily
– Staff screening on the start of every Shift
– Daily staff updates and training
– Mandatory use of masks. And gloves where necessary
– Sanitising of customers hands entering and exiting our store.
At Pick n Pay Brackenhurst, we strive to support our community and put the well being of our staff and customers first. We will also provide support to our staff member and her family during these tough times.
We want to thank all our customers for their patronage throughout this time and will always be looking at new and better ways to offer a safe shopping and working environment for our customers and staff.
We will provide regular updates on our Facebook page
With Kind Regards, Pick n Pay Brackenhurst