This chicken baked in a rich white wine sauce flavoured with garlic and herbs is a perfect easy weeknight recipe.
- 8 chicken thighs skin on and bone in
- olive oil/butter for frying
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- large handful mixed fresh herbs chopped (I used sage, parsley, thyme and rosemary)
- ½ cup heavy/whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- In a large, oven-proof frying pan, melt the butter/heat the oil and fry the chicken until golden brown all over.
- Remove from the pan then add the garlic and allow to fry for a few seconds then pour in the wine, herbs and cream.
- Add the chicken back to the pan then season to taste and place in the oven.
- Allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through but still juicy.
- Serve with rice/bread to mop up the juices.
Source: simply delicious