Ster-Kinekor says it will start reopening its cinemas across the country from 28 August.
The group told Business Tech that the reopening will be done in a phased approach to ensure that operationally employees have been trained on the new Covid-19 health and safety measures and all the PPE required is ready when trading.
The first phase will see 32 cinemas open, followed by the remaining 21 sites on 18 September.
Each theatre will be permitted a maximum of 50 guests per auditorium, excluding staff.
Safety measures at SterKinekor.
- Regulated seating
- Marked foyer floors to manage social distancing.
- Longer show staggers to manage the number of people in their foyers at any one time.
- Stringent hygiene protocols are in place for the safety of their guests and staff.
- No transactions will take place in the cinema and all movie tickets and snacks must be purchased through the Ster-Kinekor App or on our website.
- After the show guests will be required to exit the auditorium row-by-row starting from the back of the cinema.
- Guests are requested to remove their empty snack containers and to discard the containers in the dustbins which will be placed in the cinema foyers.
- Before opening the doors, SterKinekor will use a misting device to treat all cinemas, as well as in its lounge areas, foyers, hand railings and seats.
- Masks and temperature screening will be compulsory when entering the cinema foyer however masks may be temporarily removed in the auditorium to enjoy the refreshments.
“All our staff will be screened before we open the cinemas each day, as well as at each shift. We will wear face masks and gloves where required and our staff have been trained on safe work practices to ensure safety for themselves and for our guests.”
Photo Credit: Unsplash