Minister Angie Motshekga has gazetted the back to school dates.
- Grade 12 and Schools of Skills:
- Year 4 learners will return to school on 3 August
- Grade 12 and Schools of Skill:
- Year 4 teachers and support staff will return to school on 3 August
- Principle and the school management team ( as required) will be in attendance.
17- 21 August
- All officials will report for duty on 17 August 2020 to prepare for the return of learners in the remaining grades.
Learners in the following grades will return to school.
- Grade R, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4 and Grade 6
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11
- Schools of Skill: Year 1, Year, 2, Year 3
Schools with Learners with severe and Profound Intellectual Disabilities
Schools with Learners with severe Intellectual Disabilities
- Grade R, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, and final year (occupational)
Schools with autistic learners
- Junior group (below 13 years)
- Senior group ( 13 years and above)
- Final year ( 18 years and above)
The learners in the following grades will return to school
Schools for learners with Severe Intellectual Disabilities,