On Friday Mkhize published a new directive which details the self-isolation and quarantine criteria that should be followed for people returning to South Africa, Business Tech reported.
In the context of the regulations, these criteria are specific to people re-entering the country from abroad.
However, they also provide clarity around what is expected of people who are self-isolating at home.
These criteria include the following:
- A separate well-ventilated bedroom with a bathroom and toilet, or a residence that is not shared with persons who are not subject to quarantine;
- Meals should be served in the room in disposable utensils or utensils that are separate and are washed properly if there are persons who are not subject to quarantine;
- Support from friends or family that can facilitate the drop off of food and medicine at the gate if they are not able to make use of online shopping facilities and contactless deliveries;
- A thermometer that will allow him or her to measure his or her temperature daily;
- Access to the internet and a phone that allows the daily reporting of symptoms;
- Access to a private physician that he or she can contact should he or she require medical advice or care; and
- A contact number where he or she can be reached during the period of self – quarantine or self -isolation.
Click on the link for the new directive.