This is what we can expect as the government seeks to relax some of the lockdown rules.
In the next phase South Africans could have restricted access to the following sectors,
- Restaurants and hotel
- Entertainment venues
- Bars and shebeens
- Conference and convention centres
- Sporting events
- Religious, cultural and social gatherings.
All passengers on all forms of transportation must wear a cloth face mask to be allowed entry into the vehicle.
Hand sanitizer must be made available to all passengers to ensure they sanitize their hands before entering the vehicle.
All public transport vehicles must be sanitized daily.
What can we expect at work?
- Adopt a work from home strategy where possible.
- Employees above the age of 60 or those who have co-morbidities should be offered the work at home option or placed on leave with full pay
- Employers should screen all their staff on a daily basis. This includes taking temperatures and for symptoms assessment.
- All employees should wear a face mask if social distancing is not possible
- Hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities must be available.
This is just a heads-up of what we can expect once the final plans are released by the government.
Photo Credit : Unsplash